Friday, April 20, 2012

“Cultivating Creativity”

How do I come up with ideas? I have a passion for bicycles, I always have and I always will probably. Everything revolves around the bike wheel (no pun intended, ha). So basically I start thinking how does this coincide with bikes? Next color comes into mind. I like color. How can I use color? If I don't come up with something quick I defer and wait til something just pops into my head. I usually get an idea when I'm not thinking or trying to think about it actually.

I would think my way of creating is like Cleese's. I don't break downthe process like he explains in the videos but it seems to come to me when I'm "playing" and not serious. When I "try" to come up with something it feels like I'm pushing against a big solid wall. When I stop to rest and lean on the big solid wall it seems to move without effort - silly analogy but....

After watching the videos in class Tuesday I tried the thought exercise and when I awoke Wednesday morning I had something totally different in mind for what I want to do. It doesn't require any digital media only razor, cardboard, posterboard, paint and brushes. I dislike painting very much but my vision has this being something I can hang on my wall at home! I'm a little excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment