Friday, March 9, 2012

More Than Meets The Eye: Final Image

Here is the final shot of Project 2. In the end we had to crop our image. The reason I weighted the pot to the left was so I could give the shadow a chance to fill the upper right part of the composition. I felt this would balance the bright white value of the pot against the darker background. I debated within myself to brush or spray paint the black foamcore background. In the end you can see that the spray paint won and I'm glad. It gives the powdery shadows that I was looking for. The handle proved to be the most difficult because of the multiple shadows across the curved wood. I also wanted to give the pot a little character too thus the reason its laying on it's side.

From the critiques I've received so far most like the handle the best. I don't think I pulled this off but I'm happy with the results because I'm not that good painting things. This was a very unique and fun project though.

No comments:

Post a Comment