Thursday, February 23, 2012

More than Meets the Eye: Progress Shots Part:2 of 2


2nd day of "trying" to paint; I just noticed that the lady on the news paper underneath is laughing at my attempt to paint my project. This spout was giving me a hard time trying to get the line of shading just right. trying to match the values with paint is so difficult to me. I'm not a painter.
The handle I think is where I did the best. I'll find out next week when I put it against my black foam core to match the black and white picture. Next week I'm bringing white spray paint to paint my foam core with. I hope this looks like the picture when it's all said and done.


This was another very hard thing to do.... getting that little lid to lay exactly like in the picture! I made many adjustments trying to get it just right. I think I painted it as close as I possibly could. Trying to replicate value via a liquid substance (paint) = hard time for me. The paint took to the tea pot very well though. I 'm lucky because I saw a couple of students having problems with the paint sticking to their objects. Next week I'll try matching it with the background.

Thanks to Kyle for sitting in with us this week and giving advice when needed!

No comments:

Post a Comment