Wednesday, January 25, 2012

"Dreaming Day” by Amanda Hood

In our art building we have a small art gallery that the art department uses for shows. Amanda Hood is the artist showing in the gallery now. Click here for more information about Amanda. For extra credit we are allowed to view the art then pick 1-3 pieces and write something about the artwork. Below are two that I liked...


The above piece is called "Hand Grenade", it's acrylic on panel. I like that she captured the true color of an old weathered grenade. The paint is quite thick in some areas giving it even more texture. I would have liked to have seen a different color of background but the grey and yellow tones provide a great contrast. Did I say that I really like this?? It looks soooooo real!


This piece is called "Heart Beat" another acrylic on panel. This looks a little disturbing because, in my opinion, looks as if it's a rotten human organ. I like the brush strokes because it enhances the look of decayed tissue. There were several pieces of art in Amanda's show and I could probably write about many more. If these pieces of art intrigue you please visit her website by clicking on the link above.

No comments:

Post a Comment