Friday, January 20, 2012

Brainstorming Ideas for Project 1

In our next project we are to come up with ideas for mapping. When I first heard the project I was somewhat confused but after a short lecture I started coming up with tons of ideas while sitting in class. Out comes the paper and I start jotting down:

I feel like Letterman...... Here are the top 10...

1. Trucks (18 wheelers) across America or a state on the interstate highway system.
2. Squirrels hunting nuts in the forest and the paths they have taken while on their quest for nuts.
3. A map of the brain and how a thought process flows thought neurons.
4. Electricity from a power station or as simple as from and outlet to an appliance.
5. How about how data flows from a server to a computer somewhere?
6. Furniture, what kind of map art could I make that shows how a tree becomes your couch...
7. Since I'm a cycling nut I thought about a trail map for the mountain bike.
8. UPS shipping routes and destinations for packages
9. Idea ------> teacher -------> student
10. I really like this one! A movie projector teleporting the movie to a screen through the air. Well, that's how it really happens...

My plan is to use Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator to produce this project at 18" x 22"

2 comments:

  1. Might #10 possibly be considered "non-media?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are tooooooooooooooo funny! I'm waiting on you to use "the word" in class still....

    ReplyDelete