Sunday, May 13, 2012

Photoshop Piece

I liked this too much to not finish it. Here's the complete piece. I posted this on Facebook and had so many requests for prints. Wow! I really liked it but I half believed that it wasn't that good due being rejected for a final art project. When printing this in our digital media center I had several students passing by give me compliments, that makes ya feel pretty good when your fellow students (that you don't know) just randomly compliment your work, thanks guys!

One of my friends near Nashville saw the piece and asked for a copy. I had 3 prints extra laying around so I sent one down to him. The next thing I know he's posting this picture after he framed it. Once again, WOW! This may find it's way to my own wall now.... It's funny how networking gets you noticed. I'm, by far, not ready (I think) to be doing any works professionally but I have a couple of folks asking me to do some things for them and I'm very nervous but a little excited as well. I'll try to put up some work that I do this summer.

3 comments:

  1. Dear sweet Alan, I never meant for you to feel as though it wasn't a good work of art in general - my persistent push for you to do something a bit more involved for your final project was simply on a formal and technical level. It is a nice piece and you should be proud of it - I apologize if our discussions made you feel otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I honestly thought you didn't like it. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! As per my degree; I'm supposed to be able to create digital art quickly. ;-)

    ReplyDelete