Friday, April 6, 2012

Final Collage Piece

Here is project 3. I will admit this tried my patience to no end. I have never worked with matte medium until now. The practice exercises that we had to do for class helped alot in understanding this process.

The project started with a dream. My dream was from my trucking days and involved a dream about an accident. After 4 tries of trials and mainly error I had to step back and try a different perspective. I totally moved and rearranged the vehicles to what you see above.

I used several different types of media in this composition. Paint, collage, foil & print. I'm not a fan of centering art in a composition so I moved the truck far left but it seems to still be centered by the red car sitting basically in the center. The magazine clippings I used they were mostly organic shapes of dirt and bushes that I arranged in a geometric triangular shape on the right/bottom. I used blue's values from white to black to represent late evening in this composition. The green truck and red car are complimentary colors and I kept the saturation low to keep the colors from being too loud in this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment