Friday, March 23, 2012

Preliminary Work for In Dreams

As you can tell below the idea comes from a dream about crashes. I experimented with toner transfers, a plastic grocery bag, a napkin and magazine clippings. Matte medium is new to me and I have never worked with it before so I hope all goes well.


The idea I came up with was a truck (big semi / 18 wheeler) being unable to stop and colliding with a car. I think I can use wrinkled materials to convey the bent metal of the accident. Some paint will be needed probably and I really want use the plastic bag somehow in the composition although I haven't got that far with it yet.
The matte medium needs time to set up and dry so it's drawing out the process a little. We have a couple more work days to finish this so I'm hoping I can keep up. So far I've used different fabrics for texture and the main color theme is red and green. Another medium I have entered into this composition is aluminum foil for the truck grill! I think it worked in the abstract angle that I'm shooting for too!

No comments:

Post a Comment