Thursday, February 16, 2012

Mapping Connections


Well here's the finished copy of Project 1. Me being a cycling fanatic was a big reason I wanted to do something that used a bike in the composition! I, being a digital media student, also wanted to use digital media to compose my project. So, the mountain bike gave me the idea to use mountains and a field therefore I could have a wide range of colors to choose from with the availability of flowers and grass in the composition. It's a bit grainy/pixelated printing this off at 18 x 24.

Using photoshop I found a "free picture" online the adjusted the levels to suit my preferences to try and make it pop a little. Photoshop really works for that. The biggest challenge I had was integrating the mountain bike into the the field. The weather wasn't too sunny during this project so I had to resort to finding something online. After several layers of 'working' the bike I managed to get it to work and settle amongst the field grass. The purple and yellow flowers complimented one another and gave the piece a good sense of perspective against the mountains in the distance I think.  

No comments:

Post a Comment